User Experience: SputnikNet Express Splash and Welcome Page Themes
How to customize the appearance of your SputnikNet Express splash and welcome pages using your brand combined with location-aware page themes from Google, Yahoo, MSN, and Sputnik.
Log into your SputnikNet Express Account.
Captive portal settings and venue graphics.
Click on the "portal" tab to set up venue information and upload graphics to your splash and welcome pages.
- the splash page is the click-through page that users first see when they access the internet through your Sputnik-powered device; it includes your brand
- the welcome page is the page that users see after they click through the splash page; it contains your brand, content pulled from a Google, MSN, Yahoo! or Sputnik theme (whichever you choose), and advertising
Be sure the following fields are filled out:
- Venue Name: the title that will appear on your splash and welcome pages.
- Venue Type: the type of venue where the Sputnik-powered device is installed. There are over 100 possible venue types; try to pick the one that matches best. Venue information is used, along with location information, to insert ads into the welcome page.
- Portal Theme: select Google, MSN, Yahoo! or Sputnik to define the theme for your welcome page.
Click "Update" for any changes to take effect.
Upload graphics to splash and welcome pages.
Update your splash and welcome pages.
Splash page with your brand.
Welcome page with your brand - Google theme.
Since the Google theme was selected, after users connect to the internet they see your brand with the Google page theme.
The Google page theme includes a map of your location and location-aware links for:
- Local search
SputnikNet Express welcome pages show advertising from our sponsors. If you want to control and monetize advertising on your site, see "Advertising with SputnikNet".