Levels of SputnikNet Accounts and Subscriptions
An overview of SputnikNet accounts and levels of Sputnik Agent Subscriptions.
SputnikNet account levels.
There are two levels of SputnikNet accounts:
- SputnikNet Express, our free service for single-venue, basic hotspots
- SputnikNet, our flagship web services application for managing one or hundreds of Wi-Fi networks over the web
For more detail about SputnikNet, see the product pages on Sputnik's web site.
Sputnik Agent Subscriptions.
As a free service, SputnikNet Express incurs no subscription fees.
SputnikNet pricing is based on the number of Sputnik-powered access points (APs) and gateways managed on your network. Pricing for APs and gateways varies based upon which Sputnik Agent firmware they run.
There are three levels of Sputnik Agent subscriptions:
- Sputnik Agent NMS - is free, and only enables device-management features in SputnikNet (no user authentication). Devices subscribed to SputnikNet at the Sputnik Agent NMS level are used as wired or wireless bridges.
- Sputnik Agent Standard - is for "business-class" access points/routers, capable of authenticating up to about 30 simultaneous users
- Sputnik Agent Pro - is for "carrier-class" access points/routers, capable of authenticating up to about 100 simultaneous users. At this time, the only Sputnik Agent Pro-class device is the Sputnik 720.
SputnikNet Express network.
SputnikNet or SputnikNet On Site network.
With SputnikNet, you pay per Sputnik-powered device. As noted above, devices running Sputnik Agent NMS (device management features only) are free. Sputnik Agent Standard-class devices cost $199.50 per year; Sputnik Agent Pro-class devices cost $499 per year.
This example shows a total of:
- 2 devices running Sputnik Agent Standard
- 1 device running Sputnik Agent Pro
- 5 devices running Sputnik Agent NMS
The total annual subscription fee would therefore be $898.
Managing Sputnik Agent subscriptions in SputnikNet.
Manage SputnikNet subscriptions inside SputnikNet. Simply change the number of Sputnik Agent NMS, Standard and Pro subscriptions and click "Update". For more information, refer to the online documentation chapter titled "Adding Sputnik-Powered Device Subscriptions to your SputnikNet Account".