Setting up RADIUS Authentication
How to set up a RADIUS authentication system for authenticating users against a remote RADIUS server.
Prerequisite: if your RADIUS server is behind a firewall, enable it to communicate with SputnikNet.
Add the following allow/accept rule to any firewall upstream from your RADIUS server:
Log into SputnikNet, then navigate to the RADIUS authentication system overview.
SputnikNet RADIUS authentication enables the authentication of accounts (maintained on a separate RADIUS server) on your Sputnik-powered network.
Log into SputnikNet and click on "RADIUS" from the Authentication menu. Or simply click "Authentication" to start with a generic authentication system which you can configure as a RADIUS authentication system.
Add a new RADIUS authentication system, or select an existing one.
Name your RADIUS authentication system.
Be sure "RADIUS Module" is selected. For more information about creating authentication systems, see online documentation chapter titled "Creating a new Authentication System".
Configure RADIUS connection settings.
Enter the following information into the "Edit Settings" page:
- Authentication Server: fully qualified domain name of your RADIUS authentication server
- Authentication Port: the port on the server that is assigned to RADIUS authentication communications
- Authentication Secret: the password for your RADIUS authentication server
- Accounting Server: fully qualified domain name of your RADIUS accounting server
- Accounting Port: the port on the server that is assigned to RADIUS accounting communications
- Accounting Secret: the password for your RADIUS accounting server
- RADIUS communications timeout: the amount of time, in seconds, that SputnikNet will wait for a response from the RADIUS server.
Click "Update" to save your settings.
Test RADIUS connection settings.
Add additional RADIUS authentication systems.
Apply RADIUS authentication systems to captive portals.
Click on "Captive Portals" from the CONFIG menu. Then click on "Walled Garden and Authentication" from the "Captive Portal Properties" menu.
Click on the checkbox next to the RADIUS authentication system(s) you want to apply to the captive portal. Click "Update" to save your settings. To view more information or to edit the settings of any authentication system, click on its name in the list.
If applying more than one authentication system, select them, one at a time, in the order you want them displayed, and click "Update" after each selection.