Walled Gardens with Allow/Accept Policies
How to create walled garden policies, which enable users to browse to specified websites before they log in.
Log into SputnikNet, then navigate to network policies overview.
Configure a walled garden policy.
Fill out the following fields to create a walled garden policy:
- Name: name your policy
- Action: select "Allow/Accept"
- Protocol: select "TCP"
- Match destination hostname: enter the domain name of the site you want to allow access to before authentication
- Is Dynamic: check the box if the IP address of the site is subject to change, and select an expiration interval
- Match Destination IP or Network/Netmask: as an alternative to a destination hostname, you can provide the IP address
- TCP or UDP Port: enter "80" (for web traffic)
Click "Add Policy" to save your settings.
(Alternative) Configure a static walled garden policy.
Apply your walled garden policy to captive portals; apply your captive portals to a Sputnik-powered devices.
Select "Portals" from the "MANAGE" menu, then click on the name of the captive portal you want to edit. Click on "Walled Garden" from the Portal menu. Type the first few characters of your walled garden until it appears in the drop-down list. Select the policy and click Add to add it to your portal. The green checkbox indicates that the walled garden policy resolved correctly.